Zhaga's Vision and Mission
Zhaga is an open consortium that welcomes all companies willing to work towards its Vision and Mission.
- The Zhaga Consortium will simplify the design and manufacturing of LED luminaires, and accelerate the adoption of LED lighting solutions.
- Zhaga is an industry-wide cooperation that will standardize components of LED luminaires.
- Zhaga members will actively share their experiences and work closely together to increase customer confidence in specifying and purchasing Zhaga-compliant products.
- Zhaga-compliant products will be commercially available from multiple suppliers, and will be able to continuously benefit from the performance upgrades that LED technology brings.
The mission of the Zhaga Consortium is:
- To develop interface specifications that cover the physical dimensions, as well as the photometric, electrical and thermal behavior, of components of LED luminaires.
- To ensure that Zhaga-compliant products are upgradeable, future proof and suitable for all global markets.
- To make Zhaga-certified products easily identifiable and traceable.
- To promote the use and benefits of Zhaga-compliant products for lighting applications.
- To provide crucial data that enables LED luminaire makers to easily compare components.
- To maintain design freedom by only restricting those parameters necessary to enable interchangeability.