- The Zhaga Consortium is an industry-wide cooperation that will enable the interchangeability of LED light sources.
- Zhaga will accelerate the adoption of LED lighting solutions in the marketplace.
- Zhaga members will actively share their experiences and work closely together to increase customer confidence in specifying and purchasing interchangeable LED light engines.
- Zhaga-compliant products will be commercially available from multiple suppliers, and will be able to continuously benefit from the performance upgrades that LED technology brings.
The mission of the Zhaga Consortium is:
- To develop interface specifications that cover the physical dimensions, as well as the photometric, electrical and thermal behavior, of LED light engines.
- To ensure that Zhaga-compliant products are upgradeable, future proof and suitable for all global markets.
- To make Zhaga-certified products easily identifiable and traceable.
- To promote the use and benefits of Zhaga-compliant LED light engines for all applications in general lighting.
What is an LED light engine?
An LED light engine is the combination of an LED module and the associated control gear.
Zhaga treats LED light engines as a black box, with defined interfaces that do not depend on the type of LED technology used inside the light engine.
Read more about the definition of LED light engines.
What is an interchangeable light source?
In Zhaga we consider two light sources interchangeable when one light source can be substituted by other light source without any change in the design of the luminaire. Interchangeability means that the manufacturer can switch from one supplier to another without modification in the manufacturing process of the luminaire. Note that “interchangeable” does not always imply “replaceable”: Zhaga-certified LED modules can be used in luminaires that have no field-replaceable parts, as well as in luminaires that have field-replaceable parts.
Read more about the definition of interchangeable light sources.
Get a preview of what Zhaga is about and see the objective behind making LED light sources interchangeable.
See the Zhaga presentation
Keep up with the latest Zhaga news by subscribing to our newsletter.
Want to keep up to date with the latest news on the Zhaga website?Subscribe to the RSS feed